When you think about public media – public radio and television stations – what comes to mind? Quality local, national and international news programming? Check. The safest and most trusted educational children’s programming? Check. Music, historical and cultural programming that you won’t hear or see anywhere else? Check.
But what accessory is the ultimate display of public media pride? A tote bag, of course. And Protect My Public Media, a collaboration of more than 400 local public radio and television stations, wants you to design our first official tote bag. The person with the winning design will get an iPad mini!
By Friday, August 1, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. ET, submit your tote bag design inspired by your local public media stations and the programs you love.
Your design should illustrate your personal experiences with public radio and television stations and reflect how your stations enrich your life and connects you with your community.
Tote bag designers, here is what you need to know:
- The dimensions of the print area for the tote bag are 8”x 8”.
- The design can include unlimited colors.
- The design will be printed on one side of the tote bag only.
- The color of the tote bag will be chosen to match the winning design.
- The artwork should be sent in one of the following formats: Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, EPS, PDF files (If submitting a PDF, images must be in high definition with a resolution of at least 300 dpi).
- Please do not use public media personalities, specific programs or stations names in your design.
- Your design must be original artwork only.
- Designers are limited to one entry.
- The URL of the campaign (www.protectmypublicmedia.org) will be included on the final tote bag. The name Protect My Public Media isn’t required in the design.
- You can email your submissions to [email protected], including name, date of birth, address and your local public media stations.
- Submissions are due by Friday, August 1, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. ET, and the winner will be announced on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
- If you have the winning design, you’ll win an iPad mini, compliments of Protect My Public Media. We will also send you a complimentary tote bag with your design on it.
- Click here for full contest rules.
Not a designer? You can still participate when we raffle off the tote bags with the winning design! After we announce the winners, you’ll have an opportunity to win our fresh, new Protect My Public Media tote bag. Pretty cool, huh? We’ll send you more details about this shortly.
In the meantime, we’d appreciate it if you’d tell your creative public media lovin’ friends and family about our tote bag challenge, so they can dazzle us with their designs. Share this blog with them.
Thank you for listening, watching and being a part of the official campaign to protect local public media stations. We’ll keep our eyes out for your submission.